Postdoctoral Position in Theoretical Physics
The Amplitudes and Insights group in the Department of Physics and Astronomy of Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences at Northwestern University welcomes applications for a postdoctoral research scholar to join the group beginning the autumn of 2021 with a focus on large-scale analytic prediction.
The posting shall remain open until the position is filled, however for full consideration, please apply by close of business on February 15, 2022.
What you will do:
- Apply amplitude insights to physical stories from particle physics, to gravitational wave physics, to cosmology.
- Discover new structure in multi-loop gauge and gravity invariant predictions.
- Provide technical leadership in large-scale analytic calculation, mentoring and supporting other members of the group.
Required Qualifications: PhD in physics. Penchant for gauge invariance.
- Experience in calculating and analyzing the UV properties of multi-loop gauge and gravity scattering amplitudes, and associated automation.
- Experience constructing representations manifesting the duality between color and kinematics in non-trivial gauge theories and double-copy construction in the color-dual web of theories.
- Experience with the low-energy expansion of string predictions at tree and loop level.
- Experience with classical gravitational wave calculation at higher order either in PN or PM expansions, preferably both.
- Experience with scientific computing towards analytic results on high performance computing clusters.
To Apply: This position is now closed. Please see amplitudes.org for any currently open positions.
Applicants should send a CV with a list of publications and contact information for three references, as well as a scientific research statement of no greater than 4 pages
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, underrepresented racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.